Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Just a Little Baby

First blog! How exciting!

Just another reminder of how I am just a little baby.  New to the world, smaller than all the big kids.
I feel like if someone were to ask me my age I should hold up a certain numbers of fingers and say "This many!" with a smile that's missing too many teeth (or in my case, a smile that is in serious need of braces.)  But for real, I still feel young.  I turn 21 in 44 days.  Definitely still feel like I am 7. I take that back, I feel like I am 7 on a good day.  On a bad day, I feel like I'm 14.

Let me explain.

On any given day I feel I am, on average, 3 different ages.

Normally, these ages are 7, 14, and 35.
Very rarely do I feel 20, so that's an outlier, so we leave it out of the calculation (Stats joke anyone?)
Let's break this down......

Moments I feel 7

  • When I am near large trees I could potentially climb.
  • When its 7:00 am on a Saturday morning.
  • When I'm sick with some life-threatening illness, like the cold.
  • When someone offers me a baked good or ice-cream. Offer those two at the same time..Boom. Happiness explosion.  Watch out.  Might get some of my happiness on your shirt.  Might wanna wash that cause I heard it stains. 
  • Road Trips.  IT'S JUST SO EXCITING TO BE IN THIS TINY CAR FOR 22 HOURS!!! YAY!
  • When I am in a bath tub with the water up to my chin. *splash splash*
  • When I hear the theme song for The Rugrats. REPTARRRRR!!
  • When all the furniture has been removed from a room and there is just so much room to mooove arrrouunnnd then there used to be.
Don't judge me.  You all feel silly when your in a bathtub too. 

Moments I feel 14

  • When someone tells me I can't do something. 
  • When I don't want to get out of my warm bed for work. Waaahhhhh.
  • When I'm having a bad hair day. Waaaahhh.
  • When someone is speaking poorly of me to someone else.  Giiirrrl say that to my face!
  • When my younger sisters wears an article of clothing that belongs to me.  Let's be real, you'd get pissed too.  
  • When someone references a recent world event.  News is boooorrring.
So to summarize, I feel 14 when I am being a moody brat.  Huzzah self-reflection!


Moments I feel 35

  • When I feel pure joy from checking Mint.com and seeing I am under budget. Score!
  • When I deny myself nice things. So like, 95% of the time.
  • When I'm talking finances with any one else my age.  (I'm noticing a trend....)
  • When I think comforting thoughts and all that comes to mind is my student loans being paid off
  • When I stretch in the morning and my shoulder cracks like an ice-cube in hot coffee (am I the only one that does that? I just don't want to burn my mouth....)
  • When its 10:00 pm and I am genuinely concerned that it is past my bed time. 
Apparently, being 35 means you are a decrepit finance geek.  So much to look forward to!

Well, none of that explains why I feel like a little baby all the time.  

I think the general feeling of being an infant derives from my constant drive to be more mature.  Save more, exercise more, learn more, work more, clean more.....gosh that's exhausting.  So when I talk with someone else dealing with similar issues and they are 3 or 4 years my senior, I'm all like "Whoa, I'm still a little baby.  I got time" until I remember the mass of debt over my head and that no one will ever want to marry a poor girl.  And I snap back into being my age-confused, finance obsessed, tree climbing, self.


At least I get to experience a lot of emotions since I don't have the money to travel right? Right. 

To conclude this post of nonsense, I am turning 21 soon, and maybe that will mean I get to feel my age for a change...get all crazy.....but only after I set up my alcohol budget.

Happy Tuesday! 



3 comments:

  1. Love this, Sarah! Thanks for allowing me to visit the inside of Miss Sarah!
    Precious you are and truthful/wise your comments. I enjoy them, since
    I, like you.....am a child in a different body. I wonder if God intended it to be that way..... Love you, Sweets! Keep Going!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love your writing style. Please keep this going..you will for sure have at least one loyal follower. I have a blog addiction :)

    Also, poor girls some times get the best husbands. My poor husband was so enchanted with me that he took on a house payment...minus the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, Beth! I didn't get to read yours...... I would have love reading it. Is it still up? I don't know the blogasphere. I will, as some day I will have time to read!!!! Ugh!

      Delete